Getting Real With Shadra Bruce I’ve never actually been a single parent, but I know that...Read More
Category: Doing it Alone
It’s true what they say–it’s not about the money in your bank account or the belongings that you possess. It’s about the friends and family that you have around you, that love and care about you.Read More
As a single parent, there are a lot of things that can be extremely difficult to do on your own. Not that they’re impossible, because parents have found ways to get around these situations in the past, but they can definitely make everyday, mundane tasks take twice as long with twice as much effort. What used to take you a quick second to do now requires herding children and finding creative ways to accomplish them without a second adult around to carry the weight and chip in. Here are just a few things that I have found can be harder to do as a single parent–but not necessarily impossible.Read More
This last weekend, I did something amazing.
I ran a marathon.
26.2 miles of running. 26.2 miles of quiet time. 26.2 miles to figure out exactly why I was actually running this marathon.Read More
Unlike our married counterparts, single moms can never catch a break. We try to do it all–because we have to–and overwork ourselves to the bone because our kids come first. But remember the saying, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy?” This couldn’t illustrate more the importance of putting our sanity, health, and well-being above all else every now and then.Read More
Starting a new relationship as a single parent can be quite a challenge. You’ve been a single mom for a long time, raising your children, sharing the duty with their biological father, and now you’ve finally met someone special with whom you want to share your life.Read More
- 5 Tips for Protecting Posture, Part 2
- 10 Tips For Planning The Perfect Outdoor Wedding
- Are You Scared to Send Your Kids to School Yet?
- Enough Is Enough. Take the Damn Guns.
- I Can’t Be Bothered with Valentine’s Day
- 8 Steps to an Eco-Friendly Wedding
- 10 Wedding Planning Tips
- Raising a Daughter to Say “F*ck Off” Instead of “Me Too”
- I Am Pro-FEEDING Your Child
- The Winter Blues Hit My Toddler Hard
- Go Away. The Kids Will Survive
- Budget Fixes: Lower Your Weekly Spending
- 5 Tips for Protecting Posture, Part 1
- Why I Won’t Ever Be as Cool as Dad
- Should I Have Let Them Induce My Labor?