Getting Real With Shadra Bruce I’ve never actually been a single parent, but I know that...Read More
Category: Doing it Alone
It’s true what they say–it’s not about the money in your bank account or the belongings that you possess. It’s about the friends and family that you have around you, that love and care about you.Read More
As a single parent, there are a lot of things that can be extremely difficult to do on your own. Not that they’re impossible, because parents have found ways to get around these situations in the past, but they can definitely make everyday, mundane tasks take twice as long with twice as much effort. What used to take you a quick second to do now requires herding children and finding creative ways to accomplish them without a second adult around to carry the weight and chip in. Here are just a few things that I have found can be harder to do as a single parent–but not necessarily impossible.Read More
This last weekend, I did something amazing.
I ran a marathon.
26.2 miles of running. 26.2 miles of quiet time. 26.2 miles to figure out exactly why I was actually running this marathon.Read More
Unlike our married counterparts, single moms can never catch a break. We try to do it all–because we have to–and overwork ourselves to the bone because our kids come first. But remember the saying, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy?” This couldn’t illustrate more the importance of putting our sanity, health, and well-being above all else every now and then.Read More
Starting a new relationship as a single parent can be quite a challenge. You’ve been a single mom for a long time, raising your children, sharing the duty with their biological father, and now you’ve finally met someone special with whom you want to share your life.Read More
- Sneaking Veggies into Toddler Meals Isn’t a Cute Pinterest Hack
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth is the Devil
- Work-at-Home Moms Experience Unique Challenges
- 4 Pregnancy Discomforts That Don’t Make the Manuals
- Mindfulness and Communication to Resist Temptation
- A Queen Size Bed is the Best Parenting Hack
- 6 Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- To Tandem-Nurse or Not to Tandem-Nurse?
- Should I Let My Child Work Part-Time?
- Bad Report Cards
- Summer Safety Tips for Everyone, Including the Dog
- The First Step is Showering Alone
- People Say Crazy Sh*t to Pregnant Women
- Teaching Kids Financial Responsibility
- Does a “Fit Pregnancy” Make a Difference?