Update, 2017: It’s been four years since I first wrote this review and used these GalleryPouch bags. I still have them – and since the writing of this, I’ve used them for two cross-country moves and protective storage (computer monitor, framed art) since. They haven’t even started to show signs of wear, and they have proven to be more versatile than I’d imagined. – Shadra, 11/28/2017
One of the toughest parts about moving cross-country is protecting your most precious – and often most expensive – possessions. These are the items that don’t easily fit in boxes but are also not easy to replace. Frame Desination solves that problem with an amazing product developed by my friend Andrew Darlow: the GalleryPouch. The GalleryPouch is a custom-made, heavyweght, bubble bag available with our without Velcro closure.
When I first received the GalleryPouch bags that FrameDestination.com sent me to evaluate, I thought they were just bubble wrap in the form of bags, but they are much sturdier. They come in a number of different sizes, and the bubbles are study enough that you cannot easily pop them, so they can be reused many, many times. Given that this is our fourth crosss country move, having reusable packing materials is handy.
There are so many things I like about GalleryPouch that it’s difficult to know where to begin:
- You can see through them, so you know what you have inside.
- They are super sturdy – I rolled the empty bags and kept them in a drawer in my filing cabinet until I was ready to use them, and they came out looking untouched.
- They give me confidence that the studd I load on the truck will actually be protected.
- The bags are very versatile. In addition to protecting artwork and other awkwardly shaped items, they are great for laptops, tablets, video games, and digital frames.
- The GallyPouch bags are waterproof.
- They store very well when not in use, either flat or rolled.
They are plastic bags, and like any other plastic bags, care needs to be taken not to leave them around very small children. Child safety warnings come on the instructions that come with each bag.
When you order more than one bag, the price per bag decreases, and when you order 10 or more, you generally get a 15-20% discount. Even if you’re not moving, GalleryPouch bags are awesome for camping and other outdoor activities. We even used one to protect our mantle clock.
Consider using them for:
- Cameras and camera lenses
- Golf Clubs (you can keep one or two int he back of the car, as they are almost completely flat when not in use)
- A mat to help keep things clean and dry
- Kneeling in the garden – cushion, protect, and keep your knees dry when weeding and gardening
I am so glad to have discovered Frame Desination and Gallery Bags – I am much more confident that my possessions will make the 2,400 mile journey safely.
FrameDestination provided the GalleryPouches to MomsGetReal for an honest review.